Development Lead (Fund Raising)
The Development lead plays the very important role of ensuring that Aikaarth is a strong and sustainable organization and we have all the required resources to provide our services in the most efficient and effective manner to all our stakeholders and keep becoming better at our work. The Lead deeply understands our vision and our current reality and all the resources we require to be able to achieve our short-term and long-term goals. The Lead creates and implements the strategy to gather and allocate our resources in the most effective manner.
- Understand the short term and long-term requirements of the organization and create the budget.
- Create and implement the strategy to achieve the goals set for raising funds/generating revenue.
- Create different structures and methods to raise funds and use online and offline platforms effectively.
- Conduct research, identify and build new partnerships and invest potential donors.
- Engage and manage donors to ensure enduring partnerships.
- Create and leverage an extensive network of supporters, to build awareness about Aikaarth.
- Source and create opportunities at external events and organizations events that creates awareness about
- Lead and coordinate all in kind support from different organizations.
Competencies and Abilities
- Strong goal orientation, project planning and focus on outcomes.
- Ability to use online and offline platforms effectively to raise funds.
- Excellent communication skills to deliver messages and engage stakeholders using diverse mediums (presentation/public speaking/written/online platforms/meetings etc.)
- Strong networking, people management and relationship building skills to invest stakeholders in the work we do.
- Ability to travel, strong time management skills and flexibility in order to accommodate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Previous experience in Fund Raising.
NOTE: This will be a minimum of one year of volunteering commitment