Marketing & Communication Lead
The lead will establish and lead the strategy and implementation that consistently articulates the work we do using diverse platforms; and position and build Aikaarth’s brand. The lead will build and implement strategy for communications, public and media relations and strategic partnerships. The Lead will be an ambassador for Aikaarth, building and maintaining relationships with the media, as well as other key constituencies, including fellows, leadership team and external partners.
- Defining the overall brand identity, brand strategy and core messages of Aikaarth, while developing and executing strategies to build brand awareness; seek out and leverage opportunities to feature Aikaarth.
- Conceptualizing, leading and implementing the marketing, advertising, PR and media strategy and initiatives for Aikaarth using online and offline marketing channels.
- Serving as the primary liaison with reporters; manage incoming media inquiries; pitch stories; write and manage review of communications materials (social media, website, reports, press releases, etc.); provide rapid and strategic response to queries to increase visibility and brand stature of Aikaarth.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns, special events and initiatives and own their implementation from ideation to execution to engage, educate and motivate stakeholders and achieve organizational goals.
- Initiating and managing strategic external relationships to support the goals of Aikaarth, including (as relevant) with multilateral organizations, events, media outlets, NGOs, etc.
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence across all digital channels.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Creative aptitude and familiarity with interactive design and social media marketing platform.
- Strong competency in media relations.
Competencies and Abilities
- Ability to effectively interface with multiple audiences, internal teams and stakeholders while presenting complex ideas clearly and in an engaging manner.
- Strong communication skills to deliver compelling messages through oral and written medium to diverse stakeholders using online and offline channels.
- Ability to produce valuable and engaging content for our social media and website.
- Strong networking, people management and relationship building skills to invest stakeholders in the work we do.
- Strong time management skills and flexibility in order to accommodate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Relevant work experience in marketing and communications/PR.
- An advanced degree in communications or a related field.
Note: This will be a minimum of one year of commitment.